Thursday, April 25, 2013

I love you BABY!

Photo: All our roommates at a picnic.  I think we brought dates.

So the other night I was lucky to be a part of one fasinateing conversation.  It began with, "Do any of you remember"

This awesome person "Sally"  is one of my roomates.  I would in a way call her the "Mother" of our little group.  She is one special person and doesn't know it, but has been an inspiration of kindness and dedication.  She is exceptionally faithful to her religion and I adore her for her great testimony.  She a year or so ago sent me a letter.  Not an email, or a text, but and actual LETTER.  It came in the mail like old special pieces of paper do.  I read this note and it was thanking me for something I was unaware of.  She is just really great like that.

The reply to the question was by another inspirational woman, "Lindsay Jane."  She is still to this day one of my greatest friends.  She has been a teacher to me, an employer and an all around enlightenment.  I have been lucky to have been able to spend so much time with her.  We met at work, taking pictures, and it is a wonder to me that we became such fast friends.  I owe a many thanks to her.  And did I mention she takes an amazing photograph?..

My next friend "Jenny" as I knew her, jumped in to reply with a witty and smart answer.  Thank heavens for facebook, or I may never have heard from her again.  She was always so pretty...  You know one of those girls all girls hoped to look like one day.  Well guess what she is still as lovely looking as ever, and finally happily married...

Next one of the quieter of the group, unless she had something good to say, "Abrial" pops in to say her hellos.  She was always so bright and happy.  There when no one else was.  Now she has the cutest little fella around and expecting her second.

Finally a late comer to this conversation, besides me, is the most amazing "Emily".  I remember her singing all of the time and her wild way of looking at life.  She always had a creative way of looking at things and more than once made me change my perspective.  It was no surprise to me when I saw her photos on facebook that her hair was still awesome and short.  Something I still don't dare do.

Among all of these women I was reminded of a time when I didn't have to run every which direction.  When life was less demanding and I didn't feel like exploding from the constant noise.  That I do love by the way, but sometimes remembering makes the times when you are sick of it all bearable.

I was the first to tick myself off to marriage, and have babies, but relish in the times we had together.  They made every moment fun and silly.  It was easy to be around them.  From the moment we all met we where friends and I am glad to say I am still in touch with all of them.  (Finally)

So ladies here's to crazier, free times.  "I love you babies!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment