Thursday, April 4, 2013

I give up!

Have you ever had one of those days? 

This evening has been one of them.  It was normal and crazy around here, as usual, but for a few moments it got away from me.  Dinner was nearly done and I was pulling the chicken off of the grill.  In the mean time I entered my house to find my dog.  Now we haven't quite hit the love stage of this animal yet and today may have made it harder to get there.  She had found a very wet diaper and drug it down my hall and under the kitchen table.  Well during the drag time that stuff... You know the nasty mushy silicony stuff that you can't wipe up, sweep up, vacuum up, or really in any way shape or form clean up.  It had formed a trail that started at end of my hall and landed under my table.  I do my best to clean it up until my sweet neighbor knocks on my door.  Thank Heaven she is the non judge mental type that has seen my home at its very worst state.  She visits for a moment and I manage to clean it up and turn to find the paper towels unrolled completely and my two year old singing doda's through the tube.  
At this point I give up!  Thinking I have been beat.  But of course what is a victory without a little gloating.  As I pick up the unrolled towels, I hear the sweetest giggle ever.  I look to see my two year old throwing rice and chicken at my baby who is in a full belly roll at this point.  

So here you go I am now waiting for the rice to dry a little before a major sweep up.  

I guess my point is this.  How many of us are stuck on keeping it all together.  We look at others posted life's on line and start comparing ourselves to what we think they do.  And how perfect we think their lives really are.  We put ourselves down and start to feel crummy about who we are and what we do.  That we just don't measure up.  STOP IT RIGHT NOW!  

The bad guys that are working against us are loving to tear you down.  To make you think that your best isn't good enough.  I attended a stake relief society conference a couple months ago and this was the very thing that was talked about.  God wants us to do our best everyday.  He will fill in the rest.  He is what makes our best great.  When we feel we can do no more and have done all we can we must rely on him to help us through.  All we need to do is ask.  Prayers are the only things will get us through these days we want to just give up.  

Today may have been crazy and overwhelming, but I got to hear the best sound in the world, a babies giggle.  I was able to feed my children a good solid meal, and clean up a floor in home that may not be clean all of the time, But it is full of children that are happy.  They are what make me smile and realize that I can choose to look at the part that makes me crazy,  or be grateful for the things I have been blessed with.  

Choose to be happy or choose to be frustrated.. I take the first choice....    

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, ok so I'm lame and never get on blogs much anymore, but I had to tell you that I truly love each and every post of yours! Especially this one. I loved it. You are a great writer, photographer, person, cousin :), and Mom! and the list goes on... Thank you for this post, and yes I realize it was a bit ago, but it inspired me that its ok to let the little things go and enjoy the moments...and that everyone has those little things happen, its not just me! :) haha. Love you.

    ReplyDelete