Thursday, June 13, 2013

Moving on!

Just these past few weeks High School Seniors everywhere are on their way to bigger and better things.  I have had the great opportunity to photography several of them.  In spite of my excitement and love for each one of these young people.  I can't help but notice something in them.  There is a sense of vuneralbility. They are leaving a life that they have done exceptionally well at.  They have had so many accomplishments that up to this point seems like and incredible feet.  I am mostly writing because I fear for them.  Each one differently.  Some seem ready to attack this new adventure, leaving their greatness behind, only to become a little greater in a few years.  Some however, the ones I am most afraid for, seem unready.  The road they will follow seems set and ready for them.  They will leave however without a sense of who they are.  Their standards tested and their support system gone.  The one thing they had that kept them from harm will be gone.  They are to do it alone.  I remember how ready I was and thinking of nothing more than being on my own and getting to be responsible.  I was tested in my faith and my standards.  Thank Heavens for incredible friends who kept me on the straight and narrow.

So to all of you new adults, who are out there to start a new adventure.  Stop and think of who you want to become and become that person.  Stay strong, as you are now.  Hold fast to your faith and standards.  Don't change them to fit in.  And lastly invest in amazing friends.  Good luck and I am praying for you...










No comments:

Post a Comment