Monday, March 21, 2011

Confidence

I just got back from my first ZUMBA class. I am red in the face and my legs feel like noodles. Most of the night I was doing my best to see the teacher and work the moves. I also was watching the little girl in front of me that had no qualms about shakin what her momma gave her. I thought she is just showing off, but really I was just jealous because she could move like I used to. So here is a challenge for all of you. Go try something new for you. Who really cares if the girl in front of you is better than you are. I am going back next week and I tell you what, I am gonna shake it, even if it ain't pretty!

4 comments:

  1. i would love to try a zumba class one day, i work on monday nights but maybe i will find a day that will work for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Zumba. My teacher tells us every time that you can't take yourself seriously. Now that I finally have the steps down, I am able to just enjoy the music and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling! Last summer my sister in law and I went to a zumba class with over 100-250 people on any given night. It was sometimes sad to 70+ years old shaking it like nobody's business and my own awkwardness compared to them but I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried it, but you know what, it sounds so fun and wonderful and....liberating really, to shake it and let yourself loose, ya know?

    ReplyDelete