Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Earning your stripes!

(Pardon my french)
As most of you I love pintrest! On Friday I had a short conversation about how my sister in law is counting on getting stretch marks after having her babies. She and my brother are far from that part in their life, but I couldn't help recall a wonderful poem that I read on being reminded of every moment that little one spent inside of you. Again today I read this and it reminded me that even though that bikini doesn't look so hot anymore despite the hard work put into renewing your stomach muscles. You earned every one of them, and they should remind you that those precious people need you more than ever. They need guidence and protection, and you are the one they need it from. Happy Tuesday everyone!

disclaimer, sorry if you are bothered by the language. I debated to post it, but decided that the quote itself is more inspiring and you should just beep if it bothers you, as it did me.

2 comments:

  1. I saw this the other day on FB and I absolutely love it! I see so many people posting fitness stuff or pics of people with flawless six pack abs which always make me feel like crap because even if I worked out and got a six pack there's no way I'm showing it off with all the lovely stretch marks I got from having Russell. When I saw this picture though it made me feel better though because I know those stretch marks were all worth it and I would do it again in a heartbeat to have my sweet baby boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I love it! I was thinking about your 30 and loving it blog the other day, because in 2 weeks, I will be 30. I don't know if I can embrace it as well as you have, but here goes nothing...I love ya girl!

      Delete